Let's play a homeschool guessing game:
- In the ups and downs of life you need this.
- As you go through the peaks and valleys of life this is for you.
- During the high points and the low points of your homeschool day this will help.
- As you zoom through your school year you will surely use this.
- Even with all of the curves that come your way this will be wonderful for you.
Have you guessed it yet?
So what is this wonderful product that will do all of the above?
It's the Download N Go unit study, Roller Coasters!
Now, let me tell you, this unit study will really give you a lot of thrills. It is jam packed full of 98 pages of fun! All right, let me give you my personal opinion. I have done two or three Download N Go unit studies, geared toward first through fourth graders over the past year and I'm going to be doing a lot this year. Supposedly the author, Amanda Bennett, wrote these studies to be done in five days. However, I'm here to tell you from experience that there is no way on this green earth that you can do everything in the Download N Go unit studies in five days! There is enough to fill two weeks. It's for that exact reason that I'm glad that they give us two weeks to review the Download N Go studies.
Okay, I know what Amanda is thinking. She's going to make sure that there is enough for every kind of learner in her studies and then the parent can pick and choose what to do. So, that's exactly what we did. Roller Coasters has five units in it (one for each day):
Day 1: What Is a Roller Coaster?
Day 2: The History of Roller Coasters
Day 3: People and Places of Roller Coasters
Day 4: Science Secrets of Roller Coasters and Rides
Day 5: Goodies and Gadgets of Roller Coasters
One of the most unique features is that Amanda has put in automatic links to everything that you need. You just download the Download N Go, click each day, and there will be links to all of the information that you need for that day - and links to a lot of other fun stuff as well. Joshua really enjoyed seeing the videos that were taken by people riding the roller coasters and he especially liked the video of the backyard roller coaster that someone had built! All of the links to dictionaries and other fun information about roller coasters were great as well. In fact, everything you need is right there. You don't need anything else but the download of this study.
Another really neat feature of these studies is the way every subject is interwoven - especially social studies and science. I'm going to tell you a little secret. Because I was reviewing this Download N Go, I felt like I should try out everything. That's a mistake I will not repeat! There is so much that even after a week, we are only about half way done. But, so far Joshua has already learned to locate Russia, France and, of course, the United States on a world map; he's learned about climates in these countries (yes believe it or not that has to do with roller coasters); he's learned about the historical times of the first roller coasters; and more. It's amazing how much information that the author can weave into a study. Along the way Joshua is also learning new vocabulary words, science terms, dictionary skills, and more. And, did I mention that each study has a lapbook that goes along with it! Yep, and each of the lapbook components are right there. There's no hunting around for this flapbook or that pocket. It's all included.
As you can tell I'm really impressed with these studies. And, they are inexpensive! Each Download N Go Study is only $7.95! They're even cheaper if you buy one of the bundles. All you have to do is to click here or on any one of the links above to get to the Roller Coasters Download N Go page and check it out.
If you'd like to find out more about Roller Coasters or any one of the other great Download N Go product click here. Or, to find out what some of the other Download N Go reviewers think about this great product click here.
Still not convinced? How about a free copy of Download N Go's Roller Coasters to try out for yourself? Well, I'm giving away one and there are a bunch of ways to win. Here's what you have to do to get your name in the drawing.
1. Leave a comment below telling me why you would like a copy of Download N Go's Roller Coasters (worth one entry).
2. Subscribe to my blog by clicking on the subscribe button at the end of this post and then leave a comment saying that you did (worth one entry).
3. Subscribe to my blog by clicking on the Networked blog button in the left column and then leave a comment saying that you did (worth one entry).
4. Become a fan on my Families Again Facebook page by clicking here and then leave a comment saying that you did (worth one entry).
5. Follow me in Twitter by clicking here and then leave a comment saying that you did (worth one entry).
6. Twitter or Facebook about this give-away and leave a comment with a link to the post(s) (worth one entry per day. Must make a separate comment each day).
7. Blog about this give-away and leave three comments saying that you did (worth 3 entries).
8. Become a fan of Download N Go by clicking on the Download N Go Facebook button in the left hand column and leave two comments saying that you did (worth 2 entries).
The drawing will be Friday, August 27, so enter, tweet, facebook and blog quickly! Thanks.
As a member of the Download N Go review team I was given a free copy of Roller Coasters to use and review on my blog. They have also allowed me to give one free copy of Roller Coasters away to the winner of a drawing on my blog. No other compensation was given and this review is my honest opinion of this product.