Topic: Compassion International
It's coming! Yep, in two days a new Compassion International blog tour is coming. From Sept. 8-11, four bloggers along with their chaperone's, will be having the trip of their lives in Guatemala. Compassion has asked us to pray for these folks on this mission trip:
1. Safety: Severe flooding over the weekend and continued heavy rains have caused mudslides in Guatemala that have claimed the lives of at least 100 people and displaced an estimated 110,000. We are altering our travel plans slightly for our own safety. Please pray for the safety of Compassion's families and the whole of Guatemala.
2. Family: All our bloggers are leaving behind friends and family for the week. Please pray for the protection and comfort of these families while apart.
3. Writing: It is very difficult to have your heart broken and inspired so tremendously every day on these trips and then sit down at a computer each evening and put it all into words. Pray for God's guidance and courage.
4. Re-entry: Begin praying now for each blogger's re-entry into life back home. Coming home to the average American life after spending even a short time in the developing world is difficult for many. Pray that our bloggers return forever different and able to bring that difference into the same life they knew before.
And, of course, here are the links:
1. Trip Page (with trip banner you can grab): http://compassionbloggers.com/guatemala
2. Group twitter feed: http://twitter.com/shaungroves/compassion-bloggers-guate
3. The blogs:
I know that the last Compassion bloggers trip, the Kenya trip, really changed the way I viewed Compassion and the precious children that they work with. Unfortunately I will be a retreat this weekend where I will be without internet access so I won't be able to read their posts until I get back. Please support them for me by visiting their blogs and encouraging them with your comments. Trust me, it will change your life!