One of the big things that I can remember from my days of teaching school are all of the fundraiser activities that we had. One of the things that was really becoming popular when I stopped teaching was "Box Tops for Education". What you do is collect "Box Tops for Education" labels from General Mills products and turn them in to the school of your choice. They, in turn, can turn them in to General Mills for cool things for their school. I even hear some homeschool groups are doing it now!
Well, now the popular northern food chain "Shop-Rite" is getting into the act. I'm sorry my southern friends, but there are not Shop-Rite food stores down south but they are popular in the North Eastern parts of the United States. We know about Shop-Rite because that's where my sister shops in New Jersey. For the next several months, Shop-Rite has a deal going on with Box Tops for Education. Instead of trying to reexplain it to you all, here's what the "MyBlogSpark" folks sent to me about this wonderful opportunity.
Now through ShopRiteShopOnceGiveTwice.com to register your ShopRite Price Plus Card. Check back each month for participating products and great savings. When you purchase any 5 participating products on or before the end of the month using your ShopRite Price Plus Card, let the giving begin. With a qualifying purchase of 5 participating products you earn 5 Bonus Box Tops to be electronically added to your school, and $0.55 will be donated to the ShopRite Partners in Caring Fund. A few of the great items for February include some of your favorite products like, Cheerios, Wheaties, Nature´s Valley Granola Bars, Fiber One Bars, and .
And if that´s not enough, be sure to enter the ShopRite "Shop Once. Give Twice." * by filling out the form on ShopRiteShopOnceGiveTwice.com for your chance to win one of 10 Grand Prizes of 5,000 Bonus Box Tops for the school of your choice!
*No purchase necessary for the Sweepstakes
Isn't this really neat! You can help your local school or homeschool group while saving on great products for yourself. AND - you can enter a sweepstakes to boot. Remember, there is no purchase necessary for the sweepstakes.
Okay, that was two things. You may be wondering about the third thing. Well, for participating in this MyBlogSpark promotion, I have been given a $25 ShopRite gift card that we plan on using the next time we go to New Jersey. AND...I've been given permission to give another $25 ShopRite gift card to one of my readers! Here are the rules for the giveaway:
1. Leave a comment saying which of your favorite General Mills´ products are you excited to see featured in the "Shop Once. Give Twice." program at ShopRite (worth one entry).
2. Leave a comment telling in what ways does your family enjoy giving back to your local schools or homeschool group? (worth one entry).
3. Subscribe to my blog by clicking on the subscribe button at the end of this post and then leave a comment saying that you did (worth one entry).
4. Subscribe to my blog by clicking on the Networked blog button or the Google friend requests in the left column and then leave a comment saying that you did (worth two total entries - one entry for each).
5. Become a fan on my Families Again Facebook page by clicking here and then leave a comment saying that you did (worth one entry).
6. Follow me in Twitter by clicking here and then leave a comment saying that you did (worth one entry).
7. Twitter about this give-away and leave a comment with a link to the post(s) (worth one entry per day. Must make a separate comment each day).
8. Blog about this give-away and leave three comments with a link to the post (worth 3 entries).
I'll be drawing for the winner sometime on February 15 - what a great day after Valentine's Day Gift. So you will have 10 days to enter, blog, follow, etc. Who knows, you may be the winner!
General Mills and ShopRite gave me one gift card to keep and one to giveaway as part of the MyBlogSpark program and my review of the ShopRite "Shop Once. Give Twice." offers.